Choose A Contractor Who Commits to
EVERYTHING In Writing . . .
BEFORE Work Begins.
A birthday celebration . . . winning lottery numbers . . . an inheritance from a long lost relative . . . Some surprises are welcome but NEVER when you're presented with the bill for your plumbing or home comfort services, NEVER when you look over the completed job and find the work was not done to agreed upon specifications.
With Stan Perkoski's Home Services, you will ALWAYS know
EXACTLY what to expect BEFORE work begins:
- Every job begins with consultative advice. You'll never feel pressured because our technicians and home comfort advisers are committed in writing to Stan's No-Pressure Sales Pledge.
- We'll give you every price up-front and show you that they come from our published price-book.
- When a repair or replacement is recommended, we'll put everything in writing.
- For heating cooling replacements, we'll give you a detailed written report of findings with recommendations. You'll always get a plain English explanation of our home comfort advisor's findings with at least two budget options based on:
- A careful examination and measurements of your entire home's system including ductwork, vents and returns,
- A thorough examination of your home including such things as number, type and location of windows & doors,
- A detailed interview with you about such things as your your complaints with the performance of your old system, your goals for the new system, and your budget,
- Precision calculations that take into account all these factors.
Any replacement recommendations you receive based on a less detailed analysis will likely result in
one of the over 50% under-performing systems reported by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
- All proposals for heating/cooling replacements will be detailed and binding. Any changes will be presented for your signature as a formal change-order. Our proposal will include:
- Name, address and phone numbers of all parties.
- Name, email and cell phone number of project manager assigned to your job.
- Complete description of work to be performed.
- Detailed list of materials including manufacturer and model numbers for replacement units.
- Detailed list of labor to be performed.
This should list should include:
- Replacement of refrigerant piping. This critical step extends the life of your new system by removing contaminates left by the old system.
- Brazing lines with silver-bearing alloys using air acetylene torch. These high temperature welds are far stronger and less subject to vibration failures. Many installers save time and cut corners by using propane torches and solder.
- Triple evacuation of refrigerant piping. This manufacturer's requirement is skipped by most installers because of the extra time it takes to perform. Skip it, and the life of your new system WILL be shortened.
- Testing of refrigerant lines with a micron gauge. Many don't have this expensive instrument and thus miss the tiny leaks that will drain efficiency and eventually result in system failure.
- Any necessary power and control wiring modifications to insure the installation will be up to code.
- Installation fo new condensate piping. If not properly sized and installed, water damage to surrounding area may result. In some cases, a condensate pump is necessary and should be specified.
- Installation of pump-ups (Heat Pump installations). These raise the unit 4" to 6" off the outdoor pad to provide proper operation during snowy conditions. You won't need to shovel after normal snowfalls.
- Installation of a digital thermostat. This will provide simple accurate temperature control and will pay for itself in energy efficiency.
- Itemized up-front pricing consistent with published price-book.
- Proposed date of installation/repair with telephone confirmation within 24 hours.
- Energy efficiency ratios and estimated savings calculations for all proposed systems.
- Manufacturer's warranty. Terms vary depending on unit purchased.
- Minimum 5-year warranty on parts and labor with every installation. Most contractors only offer a 1-year warranty.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY on parts and labor as long as installed unit remains covered by a Stan Perkoski Preventative Maintenance Service Plan. These are separate from the manufacturer's warranty.
- End-of-job inspection and clean-up list.
Next: Best Warranties in Our Industries
|Stan Perkoski's Code of Ethics & Competence
|Click on each link to learn what you can expect when doing business with Stan Perkoski's Home Services.
"I want you to know (I'm sure you do!) that Nick and Pepe are the best!! They have come to my rescue more times than I can count. These two gentlement are always knowledgable and professional and go above and beyond the call whenever possible. I feel so lucky to have them in my home knowing the problem will be taken care of with quick efficiency -- and a smile."
Mary Beth McClafferty